Independent Bank is proud to support nonprofit organizations in the communities we serve. We focus our giving on: community development, education, and health & human services. Please find an overview of the application process below.
We are no longer accepting Letters of Inquiry for 2017 Independent Bank Community Grants. The deadline to submit a Letter of Inquiry was Friday, March 10th, 2017.
To be notified about 2018 funding opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
2017 Independent Bank Community Grants
STEP 1: DETERMINE FIT WITH FUNDING PRIORITIES
Priority will be given to funding projects and programs that closely align with the following funding priorities:
Community Development — We support organizations and programs working in low- and moderate-income communities that focus on small business development, affordable housing, and job training.
Education — We support programs that promote academic achievement for low- and moderate-income students, facilitate merit-based access to higher education for underrepresented groups, and provide training for teachers and administrators working with low- and moderate-income students.
Health & Human Services — We support organizations that help ensure access to quality health education programs and health care in low- and moderate-income areas. We also fund basic needs assistance and child care service, especially when offered in tandem with other self-sufficiency initiatives.
Independent Bank encourages projects that will be completed in partnership, cooperation, and consultation with other agencies. Further, programs that demonstrate effective use of volunteers, as well as board diversity and involvement, are encouraged.
STEP 2: ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND FUNDING LIMITATIONS
- Organizations must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations must be located in and/or serve populations in the market areas of Independent Bank. (Please click here for a map.)
- Organizations must demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability.
Grant funding is not available for the following:
- Sponsorships, events, or projects for which Independent Bank and/or its employees receive tangible benefits or privileges. This includes golf tournaments, tables at events, and other fundraising activities that include tickets, meals, or other benefits.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other status or other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Religious organizations that are not engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base of the community.
- Political action committees, political causes, or candidates.
Viewing our webinar recording is an excellent way to learn more about our community grants. In the webinar, we discuss our funding priorities and provide details about submission requirements, proposal formatting and our evaluation methodology.
All organizations are encouraged to view the recorded webinar before submitting an application.
STEP 3: LETTER OF INQUIRY
The next step is to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) outlining your idea and inquiring about the possibility of funding. Guidelines for composing and submitting the letter are available here. LOIs must be submitted electronically through our online application portal.
We are no longer accepting Letters of Inquiry for 2017 grants.
The deadline to submit a Letter of Inquiry was Friday, March 10th, 2017.
Those submitting promising Letters of Inquiry will be contacted by Independent Bank and invited to submit a formal grant proposal. Please note that funding is not guaranteed if invited to submit a full proposal and no requests will be considered outside of this process.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.