Meet our 2018 Grant Recipients
We are pleased to announce our 2018 grant recipients. To learn more about the nonprofits we are partnering with in 2018, please click here.
About the Community Grants Program
Independent Bank is committed to building strong, healthy communities. One key way we do this is through our Community Grants program, which supports non-profit organizations serving low-to-moderate-income families and individuals in the following areas:
Community Development — We support organizations and programs working in low- and moderate-income communities that focus on small business development, affordable housing, financial literacy, and job training.
Education — We support programs that promote academic achievement for low- and moderate-income students and facilitate merit-based access to higher education for underrepresented groups.
Health & Human Services — We support organizations that help ensure access to quality health education programs and health care in low- and moderate-income areas. We also fund basic needs assistance and childcare service when offered in tandem with other self-sufficiency initiatives.
Within these areas, we are particularly interested in funding programs that:
- Scale best practices and proven ideas or pilot promising, evidence-based programs
- Utilize sound evaluation techniques to inform program design and measure both outcomes and impact
- Demonstrate a commitment to innovation, learning, and adaptation
- Are completed in partnership, cooperation, and consultation with other agencies
- Offer an innovative and promising approach to meeting a community need
Our Application Process
Independent Bank Community Grants are awarded on an annual basis. The selection process consists of two stages. First, interested nonprofits submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) outlining their proposed project and inquiring about the possibility of funding. All applicants will be contacted via email about the status of their submission within 6 weeks of submitting an LOI.
Those submitting promising letters of inquiry will move forward to the second stage of the selection process and will be invited to submit a full proposal. If invited to submit a full proposal, funding is not guaranteed. No grant requests will be considered outside of this process.
To be eligible for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Organizations must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Organizations must be located in and/or serve populations in the market areas of Independent Bank. (See “Communities We Serve” for more information.)
- Organizations must demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability.
- Organizations must serve low-to-moderate income individuals and/or families.
- Organizations previously awarded an Independent Bank Community Grants must be in good standing.
Limitations on Grant Funding
Grant funding is not available for the following:
- Sponsorships, events, or projects for which Independent Bank and/or its employees receive tangible benefits or privileges. This includes golf tournaments, tables at events, and other fundraising activities that include tickets, meals, or other benefits.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other status or other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Religious organizations that are not engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base of the community.
- Political action committees, political causes, or candidates.
- Capital costs (brick and mortar, the purchase of capital equipment, or other capital projects)
How to Apply
The application period for 2018 Independent Bank Community Grants has now closed and as such we are no longer accepting letters of inquiry. Please check back later for additional information or subscribe to our newsletter to receive email updates about future funding opportunities.
To receive updates about our program and keep up with the lastest developments regarding future funding opportunities, please subscribe to our grant mailing list.