OVERDRAFTS & OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
STANDARD OVERDRAFT PRACTICES
Select accounts automatically receive Bounce Protection 30 days after account opening. We pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
UN-ENROLL: If you wish to remove all Bounce Protection coverage from your account, click here.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not pay an overdraft, your transaction will be returned.
EXTENDED COVERAGE: ATM & DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
We do not automatically authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you tell us to do so.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
AUTHORIZATION: To opt-in or update your coverage preferences for ATM and everyday debit card transactions, click here.
We also pay overdrafts for extended coverage transaction types at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft for extended coverage transaction types, your transaction will be declined.
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35.00 for each overdraft item we pay.
- We will not charge you a fee for more than 5 items ($175.00) per day.
- The bank will not charge a fee for items that overdraw your account by $10.00 or less.
FULL BOUNCE POLICY
- Effective May 1, 2021, Bounce Protection, overdraft limits are changing for Free Checking ($500 coverage) and Platinum Checking ($500 coverage).
- Customers with accounts opened on or after April 1, 2021 will receive this updated Bounce limit once their Bounce Protection becomes active.