Independent Bank Customers,
If your home has been impacted by a recent Hurricane, click here to read Help for Homeowners and Renters Impacted by Hurricane Harvey published by Mortgage Bankers Association. You will find important information about FEMA, Red Cross, how to address immediate needs, and an overview of the steps you can begin to take to begin your recovery process.
Additional resources, shelters, and recovery assistance:
- Texas Hurricane Center (gov.texas.gov/hurricane)
- FEMA Mobile App download free available for Apple and Android
- Disaster Survivors: 800.621.3362 (711 or Video Relay Service Available) TTY: 800.462.7585
- FDIC Website (fdic.gov)
Disaster Assistance and Property Damage – Steps for Insurance Claims and Property Repairs
Step 1. Contact your insurance company if you have any property damage
Your first step is to contact your insurance company and file a claim with them. Find out when an adjustor will come and when to expect any claim checks.
Step 2. After you file a claim, contact your loan officer. If you don’t know you loan officer’s number, call our Customer Support center at 1-800-460-6634 and dial Option 0.
Your loan officer will provide important details on how to process your claim check. We’ll discuss how Independent Bank will be involved in the process to restore your home. If current disaster relief efforts fall short, we can help you review all your options.
Step 3. Endorse the insurance check and start the repair process
When you receive your insurance check you’ll notice that Independent Bank is listed as an additional payee. As the mortgage provider, we have a financial interest in ensuring your property is restored. Notify us as soon as you get your check. We can get you information and the forms needed to move forward with repairs.
For most situations with minor damage
Generally, if your home has only minor damage – and your loan is current – we won’t need to oversee the repair process. Conditions apply, so be sure to contact your loan officer to discuss.
All Houston area locations have returned to regularly scheduled hours.
Please visit our locations page for details. Branch operating schedules (open/close status) will be updated as new information warrants.
Our attention and thoughts are with everyone experiencing the devastation of Hurricane Harvey firsthand. The last few weeks have been difficult for many. Therefore, we want to provide the best possible service and allow you to focus on what is most important.
- For our Houston-area customers, Independent Bank will refund Wire, ATM and NSF fees incurred between August 26 and September 15, 2017 for deposit transaction accounts. A credit will be posted to your account prior to September 30, 2017.
- Our lending experts are also working with borrowers to help them as needed, as they recover from the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey. If you need assistance, please call your banker or local branch today.